[isabelle-dev] Jenkins maintenance

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Oct 1 14:22:53 CEST 2016

On 24/09/16 17:47, Lars Hupel wrote:

> This is hardly a new concept – it's not
> just industry standard, but even best practice (the term "Continuous
> integration" itself traces back to 1991). There is no point in going
> back to an outdated development model.

Here are the meaningless buzzwords from that paragraphs:

  industry standard
  best practice
  outdated model

So far there were no explanations what the purpose of real-time
continuous integration for Isabelle really is. My questions were never
meant rethorically, but seriously.

There must be reasons behind this that can be explained, instead of
affirming "we want continuous integration".

We are heading towards an Isabelle release, which is a very delicate
process. For months the testing infrastructure is covering less than
half of the old isatest, which was already in a state of decline.