[isabelle-dev] Integers in Poly/ML

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Nov 2 15:30:48 CET 2016

The difference is substantial and uniform. I attach log files summarising MetiTarski’s performance by nearly 900 examples. You will note that total CPU time is way down, and problems consistently run much faster using fixed-precision arithmetic. Both runs involve the new version of Poly/ML, compiled with GMP.

Note that MetiTarski makes heavy use of large integers, hundreds or thousands of digits long, because of its use of rational numbers.

I actually can’t think of many places where Isabelle would need large integers, so it would probably benefit even more than MetiTarski does.

Larry