[isabelle-dev] Nonterminating AFP build

Gerwin Klein Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au
Thu May 12 00:58:31 CEST 2016

If it doesn’t have a timeout set, then that’s a mistake and should be fixed. It’d be good to have protection for all builds, not only through Jenkins.

We’ve avoided a global timeout so far, because it’d have to be fairly long, i.e. if you have a few entries that don’t terminate because of a change in Isabelle for instance, you might very quickly be looking at multiple days.

Might still be a good idea to add one anyway as an additional safety net.

Cheers,
Gerwin