[isabelle-dev] Syntax for lattice operations?

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Thu Mar 10 11:11:50 CET 2016

Am Donnerstag, den 10.03.2016, 11:00 +0100 schrieb Florian Haftmann:
> Hi all,
>

> traditionally, syntax for lattice operations (⊓ ⊔ ⊥ ⊤ etc.) has been
> kept in a separate library theory, to allow use of that quite generic
> notation for unforeseen applications.
>
> Meanwhile however all those operations to which that syntax is attached
> to are members of syntactic type classes.  It could be worth to attempt
> to make that syntax standard, using funny subscripts or similar for the
> more exotic cases.
>
> Cheers,
> 	> Florian

Yes absolutely. I recently added by accident Lattice_Syntax somewhere
in the Library and a lot of AFP theories (and HOLCF) broke down at
unexpected places.

Alternatively: Would a lattice_syntax locale work nowadays? I remember
I tried it once and for some reason it didn't work. Either notations
aren't supported in locales or they are exported after the context
-block.

 - Johannes