[isabelle-dev] NEWS: isabelle_process and isabelle console

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Mar 9 22:52:35 CET 2016

On Sat, 5 Mar 2016, Makarius wrote:

> The discontinuation of SML/NJ and old Poly/ML versions means that we can
> now use more up-to-date ways to manage the poly process. A bit more is
> coming later.

More has happened in various changes leading to Isabelle/739a84403864:
isabelle_process is based on Isabelle/Scala, but tools like "isabelle
build" and "isabelle console" ignore it and use the Scala module
ML_Process. Many old bash and perl scripts have disappeared. These are the
most substantial changes in Isabelle process management since 1996.

A bit more is coming soon, together with proper update of NEWS.