[isabelle-dev] Build NEWS

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Mon Jun 13 19:48:20 CEST 2016

> * The URLs to push to are IMHO best presented using an hgrc excerpt, e.g.
>
>> [paths]
>> testboard = ssh://hg@bitbucket.org/isa-afp/afp-testboard
>>
>> [alias]
>> push_to_testboard = push -f testboard
>
> That way the risk for accidental pushes is greatly reduced

Good idea.

> * AFAIS, pushing to the Isabelle testboard still requires local access
> rights at TUM.  Are there any fundamental impediments to lift this
> restriction?

Yes. I have been arguing that we should move the official Isabelle
repository to Bitbucket for a while. If you too want this to happen,
please say so loud and clear here, so that my lobbying efforts carry
more weight :-)

There are no other alternatives that I'm aware of which allow repository
access based on SSH keys, account setup without bureaucracy, and no
conflation between "repository admin" and "push access" (the latter is
inherent when using Unix groups).

Luckily migrating Mercurial repositories is trivial.

Cheers
Lars