[isabelle-dev] Syntax for lattice operations?

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sun Jun 12 18:22:45 CEST 2016

> Thus I would like to understand why we cannot reuse Sup etc in HOLCF
> like we do for all the other variants of lattices we have. We would
> probably need a suitable type class because at the moment lub is
> unrestricted.

For each type class, per type constructor there is at most *one*
instance.

If we use the standard HOL class hierarchy for HOLCF, we
would e.g. enforce the order on pairs to be component-wise due to the
required / given instance of cpo in HOLCF and hence rule out e.g.
lexicographic ordering on pairs.  Hence the use of a separate
type class hierarchy makes sense for that specific application.

Cheers,
	Florian

--

PGP available: