[isabelle-dev] Syntax for lattice operations?

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat Jun 11 21:26:39 CEST 2016

> For the moment I think bold syntax in the first choice.  In the middle
> run I would suggest to have a closer look at HOLCF/Porder.thy to see
> whether something can be done to integrate it more with the standard
> type classes;  a least it formalizes a lot about upper / lower bounds
> which is not HOLCF-specific in any way, so it could go to HOL/Library
> for example.

After a closer look I came to conclusion that the use of Sup syntax in
HOLCF/Porder.thy is very application-specific.  And it is a deliberate
separate type class hierarchy since these type classes are tailored
towards continuous function space.

So maybe the best option here is to stay with plain ASCII syntax: ‹LUB
x∈A. f x›. – to emphasize its somewhat specific application.

Cheers,
	Florian

--

PGP available: