[isabelle-dev] Multiset insert

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Jul 28 10:45:02 CEST 2016

>> Tobias wrote:
>>
>>> How about
>>>
>>> definition add_mset :: "'a ⇒ 'a multiset ⇒ 'a multiset" ("add#") where
>>> "add# x M = {#x#} + M"
>
> This, however, may produce confusion with multiset union, which is an
> instance of the plus type classes, i.e., occupying the name
> plus_multiset.

To a certain extent, maybe.  The plus type class has (among other
syntactic type classes) the historic defect that type class and
I have contributed since I chose »plus« etc. when giving those
operations proper names back in 2005 / 2006 / 2007.

However this is maybe now all too depp-rooted to consolidate it.  Even
if not, alternatives have been proposed here that would resolve that
issue than.

Cheers,
	Florian

--