[isabelle-dev] An experience report on the testboard

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Mon Jul 4 23:40:44 CEST 2016

>> This is currently not implemented. Isabelle testboard will always use
>> AFP devel and vice versa. It is not possible to test Isabelle testboard
>> and AFP testboard together.
>
> But I regard this as a central use case: if a change to the distro
> demands changes in the AFP, you want to test them simultaneously.

It is – I'm not denying that. However, it is difficult to implement.

I had a stab at it a while back and realised that I don't have time for
a proper solution. In essence, you have to completely decouple the
events "push to testboard" and "build change" and implement some glue
logic both on the server and on the client side.

If anyone wants to attempt it, I'm happy to explain how it should be
implemented.

Cheers
Lars