[isabelle-dev] Bijections

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Mon Jul 4 21:13:37 CEST 2016

Hi all,

in 1a474286f315 I have introduced a locale for (total) bijections,
allowing to obtain typical facts like ‹inv f ∘ f = id› by interpretation.

‹surj› as premise, which makes proof complicated due to two lifting
steps, especially if you need the same facts over and over.

Of course there could also be a locale for partial bijections, and also
a whole hierarchy spanning injections etc., but this would result in a
lot of duplication.

The idea to turn all those predicates into locales sounds too radical
for me, since lifting arguments referring to terms like ‹bij (f ∘ g)›
are tedious to express within the module system. But maybe others with
more experience than me in that area have already made some thoughts
about that matter.

Cheers,
	Florian

--