[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2016-RC0: potential changes

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Mon Jan 11 10:04:46 CET 2016

I already moved a few small lemmas. I also defined the notion of an
algebraic number; as soon as your AFP entry works with the development
version of Isabelle again (is that already the case?), I will prove
equivalence of my definition in Poly_Deriv.thy to your definition in
Algebraic_Numbers and adapt the AFP entry accordingly.

(I needed this for Liouville_Numbers)

As for the binomial numbers: that looks a bit suboptimal to me. I would
have expected something like "listprod [k+1..n] div fact (n - k)" plus
an additional check if "2*k >= n", reducing "n choose k" to "n choose (n
- k)" if appropriate.

(Not sure what code generation makes of "listprod [k+1..n]", a
code_unfold rule to compute this efficiently with an accumulator and
without constructing the list explicitly might be required. Same for
"fact".)

Cheers,

Manuel