[isabelle-dev] Towards the release

Manuel Eberl eberlm at in.tum.de
Fri Jan 1 20:50:22 CET 2016

I still have a few thousand lines of stuff to merge into the
distribution, most notably the definition of the radius of convergence
of a series and a number of convergence tests.

This would be nice to have in the distribution because two results of
mathematical importance rest upon it: the Gamma function and the
Generalised Binomial Theorem.

The work itself is already, all that remains is to merge it into the
distribution. I put the files in this repository if anyone wants to look
at them: https://github.com/3of8/isabelle_summation

The only files that require any real merging (as opposed to just copying
the file into the distribution) are Summation.thy,
Extended_Real_Lemma_Bucket.thy, and Liminf_Limsup_Lemma_Bucket.thy. The
file "Concave.thy" is not required by the rest and does not need to be
merged.

None of this really has to end up in Isabelle2016; I can also wait for
the next release. My plan was to meet with Johannes and Fabian after the
holidays and ask them for their opinions on this material.

Cheers,

Manuel