[isabelle-dev] Update of jdk and jedit components

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Jan 20 19:51:19 CET 2016

On Fri, 4 Dec 2015, Dmitriy Traytel wrote:

> here is one way to still (e1e6bb36b27a) edit the output buffer: to use
> the compose key.
>
> On my Mac, if I place the cursor into the output buffer and press alt-u
> followed bei u, an ü appears in the output.

See now

changeset:   62211:451bd09b8277
user:        wenzelm
date:        Wed Jan 20 19:19:33 2016 +0100
files:       src/Tools/jEdit/src/pretty_text_area.scala
bypass input method for better imitation of read-only mode (cf.
f26a4d5e82b5): e.g. relevant for composition of ALT-u u on Mac OS X;

This is also relevant to popups: here the focus policy is a bit different.
The compose-sequence above should produce a prop "ü", but blindly without
showing the intermediate state.