[isabelle-dev] Localized record package [was: next release]

Thomas Sewell Thomas.Sewell at nicta.com.au
Thu Jan 14 15:16:13 CET 2016

Right. There was a plan here to investigate before the release, but the timing didn't work out.

Anyway, here's a modified record.ML that builds on Isabelle 2015 (which was stable and available). The only problem I've seen with it in my testing is failures in code_export. Yes, I haven't tested it exhaustively yet.

The code_export failure can be seen in the attached test theory, it's that there's no code equation for the constant
  <recordname>_ext_Tuple_Iso

My understanding of the record code generator setup is that we've gone too deep somehow, the tuple-based type definition isn't meant to appear anywhere, the code generator is meant to pretend that "<recordname>_ext" is a datatype constructor. I'm not really sure how to investigate what's gone wrong.

OK, I attach the new version, the diff, and the test theory.