[isabelle-dev] Building Pure on Windows

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Feb 24 15:14:55 CET 2016

On Wed, 24 Feb 2016, Fabian Meier wrote:

> Building it with the cygwin from Isabelle2016 worked.

OK.

Maybe we find some clues about the actual difference, to get to the core
of the problem.

The Cygwin of Isabelle2016 uses the quasi-mirror
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/cygwin_2016 which is just an alias for a regular
Cygwin mirror from Portugal with some tricks to lock it into a fixed
version.

Moreover, a given Cygwin installation may have accidental "rebase"
addresses of shared libraries that happen to work or happen to fail.

How does this compare to your other Cygwin installation?

> I had trouble doing the other steps listed in your mail. When I run
> isabelle env bash nothing happens (no new environment opens), thus I
> couldn't run the other two commands.

A new process environment is not immediately visible. So "nothing happens"
looks like a success.