[isabelle-dev] Jenkins maintenance window

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Tue Feb 16 10:44:37 CET 2016

> Was it me? I think I saw a warning to that effect, but with "-f"
> (which is necessary since we're creating new heads) it's too late
> once the warning is shown. I can easily change the trusty old script
> I use to push to testboard to make sure I do it from my Isabelle
> repository. If it happens once every five years or so, maybe it's not
> so great an issue that the workflow needs to be changed.

As I said, I'm not blaming anybody. Any workflow which requires
force-pushing on a regular basis is broken. In particular, I wouldn't
want to encourage contributors to make their own scripts.

To that end I'm suggesting an official "Isabelle tool" which schedules
testboard builds. Ideally this would push to some fresh repository,
schedule a build, and delete the repository again. Users would write
"isabelle testboard" and be done with it. I'll sit down on the weekend
and try to come up with a proof of concept.

Cheers
Lars