[isabelle-dev] Jenkins maintenance window

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Mon Feb 15 23:25:31 CET 2016

> tonight between 20:00 UTC and 22:00 UTC there will be a maintenance
> window for the Jenkins instance.

Maintenance period is over now. All builds are running again.

Mails are not yet sent to the mailing list, neither is there a benchmark
job. The reason follows.

There was some weirdness wrt to the testboard. New jobs would suddenly
complain about 'bin/isabelle not found' or similar. My suspicion was
that either Jenkins, Mercurial or both got confused about the meaning of
the "default" branch (possibly an ancient revision which reappeared?),
so I nuked and re-create all testboard jobs, resulting in the loss of
old builds (those weren't of much value anyway).

However, turns out that the actual problem was that somebody pushed
something completely unrelated (maybe a different repository?) into
testboard. This also generated a gargantuan changelog in Jenkins. I
don't blame that person, it could happen to anyone. But we need to fix
this workflow of force-pushing into some "dumping ground" repository.
Any ideas?

Cheers
Lars