[isabelle-dev] Remaining uses of isatest/afptest

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Apr 28 14:50:17 CEST 2016

On Thu, 21 Apr 2016, Lars Hupel wrote:

> Yesterday, I switched on "artifacts", which means Jenkins now builds &
> archives "browser_info" and PDF output. This can be witnessed e.g. here:*
>
> Unless I'm missing something, this now means we have basically 100%
> feature parity.

This is hard to say, because the isatest infrastructure is fallen into
decay over the past few years. We need to catch up and regain the full
100% of many years ago.

Important requirements:

   * Realistic tests with typical settings. This means that x86 (and not
     x86_64) is used by default. We've recently seen mysterious resource
     problems occasionally, and the automatic testing infrastructure should
     be able to point quickly to relevant changesets.

   * Decent performance measurements and charts: both multi-core run-time
     and heap space requirements.