[isabelle-dev] Build NEWS

Lars Hupel hupel at in.tum.de
Sat Apr 16 12:42:50 CEST 2016

Dear list,

I'd like to summarize the recent progress in the build infrastructure.

* I'm still working on getting the build to be more stable (i.e., get rid
of spurious failures). I've had a productive discussion with Gerwin how to
achieve that.

* Once that is done, the build mails will get switched on again for some
jobs. The code for sending out afptest-style mails is already there and
just needs to be deployed.

* I have eliminated the last occurrence of ISABELLE_FULL_TEST in the known
Isabelle universe. Flyspeck_Tame used it to determine whether full
computations should be carried out. It does that now by default, which
takes about 7 hours (!) on a regular machine. I have also tagged this
session with "slow" (like the other huge sessions). If you want to test
the AFP locally without provoking the heat death of your machine, I
recommend building with "-X slow".

Cheers
Lars