[isabelle-dev] copy_bnf

Dmitriy Traytel traytel at in.tum.de
Thu Oct 29 14:06:34 CET 2015

Hi Lars,

this was exactly the vision for copy_bnf, modulo that I thought of using a plugin (“src/Pure/Tools/plugin.ML”) instead of an option. But since I am not the author of record, I went for the less invasive option of a separate command (in the spirit of setup_lifting for typedef). So if the authors of record agree, I can add the plugin.

I guess the general question is, whether it is fine to add the plugin infrastructure for (most of the) existing commands (e.g., definition, typedef, record, fun), thus enabling us writing tools that extend the command’s functionality (be them enabled by default or not).

Dmitriy