[isabelle-dev] Update of jdk and jedit components

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 23 23:22:59 CEST 2015

In Isabelle/d40f906bb13f there is now jdk-8u66 and jedit-5.3.0.  There are
relatively few changes from upstream; this is mainly consolidation.

As we are slowly approaching the pre-release mode, it is important to keep
an eye an all the fine points on all platforms.  Does Java 8 really work
as it should?

Here is a full integration test of the application bundles for Linux,
Windows, Windows 64, Mac OS X:

   http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/Isabelle_23-Oct-2015

Various details of the "app" have changed in the past few weeks, so it is
important to take a look if it conforms to the principle of monotonic
improvements that we've had in Isabelle for almost 30 years.

For example, all platforms now uniformly support a single-instance model
of the main desktop application.