[isabelle-dev] Mac OS X 10.11 (El Capitan)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Oct 13 16:32:23 CEST 2015

Apple has released OS X 10.11 (El Capitan) recently.

I have updated my test machine some days ago and made a few sanity checks.
So far the situation looks good concerning Isabelle. A test version is
available here: http://www4.in.tum.de/~wenzelm/test/Isabelle_07-Oct-2015

Are there further observations from full-time users of Mac OS X?

We shall probably also shift our base-line of supported OS X versions from
10.7 (Lion) to 10.8 (Mountain Lion).  See also
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/3c69ea85f8dd/Admin/PLATFORMS#l36

Another note on the OS X "app": I've recently experimented with a current
fork of the JavaAppLauncher https://bitbucket.org/infinitekind/appbundler
that also supports file associations.  It somehow worked, but only after
one failed attempt to start the application for the very first time,
probably due to the lack of signed application.

In http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/rev/9b4843250e1c I have
reverted this experiment -- users need to be able to start-up properly
after a fresh download of Isabelle.

If there is anybody who knows how to get this right, and maybe even has
official OS X developer credentials for signed application, we could try
again with the new launcher.