[isabelle-dev] code abbreviation for mapping over a fixed range

Jose Divasón jose.divasonm at unirioja.es
Thu Nov 12 10:58:14 CET 2015

Hi Bertram, Christian and Bertram,

I would like to put my two cents in this topic. I have done a simple
experiment about this using my AFP entry about the QR decomposition, where
a strong use of map_range is done.

With the current map_range definition, the computation of the QR
decomposition of a 60x60 real matrix takes about 45 seconds. However, if
one adds the definition proposed by Bertram then the same computation takes
about 2.43 seconds. So it really seems to be so much faster.

Best,
Jose