[isabelle-dev] Reprocessing in Isabelle/jEdit

Jasmin Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at inria.fr
Tue Mar 24 13:29:41 CET 2015

Hi all,

When editing inside Isabelle/jEdit (f19f4afa49e2), it used to be so that everything above was left alone. Now, if I edit a lemma in the middle of the window, everything above it that is visible gets reprocessed. So if I write something like

   thm list.exhaust

it can take a couple of seconds before I get feedback, if there’s some heavy material preceding it. I noticed this behavior for the first time last week or so — so did Mathias Fleury. We’re both using Macs.

Is this behavior intentional? Is there a way to get the old, much more responsive behavior back?

Thanks.

Jasmin