[isabelle-dev] Problem in AFP near 16e7d42ef7f4

Larry Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Thu Jun 25 15:52:26 CEST 2015

I took a look, and it all runs perfectly well, except here:

    show "xs ∈ T⇩c ∧ ys ∈ T⇩c ∧
      ipurge_tr_rev I⇩c id u xs = ipurge_tr_rev I⇩c id u ys ⟶
      {x. u = x ∧ xs @ [x] ∈ T⇩c} = {x. u = x ∧ ys @ [x] ∈ T⇩c}"
    (* The following proof step performs an exhaustive case distinction over all traces and domains,
       and then can take long to be completed. *)
    by (simp add: T⇩c_def I⇩c_def, rule impI, (erule conjE)+, cases u,
     (((erule disjE)+)?, simp, blast?)+)

The comment doesn’t tell us whether to wait minutes or hours. Clearly this is a fragile step. Any sort of change could break this.

Larry