[isabelle-dev] »real« considered harmful

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Wed Jun 3 12:22:18 CEST 2015

Maybe we should resurrect the idea of using adhoc overloading for the
"real" abbreviation.

Florian, does your rework of the generic machinery for syntactic
abbreviations include moving more of the adhoc overloading into HOL?
Then we could setup real as an adhoc overloaded constant and the proof
machinery only sees of_nat, of_int, while the user has still the ability
to write "real".

 - Johannes