[isabelle-dev] »real« considered harmful

Fabian Immler immler at in.tum.de
Wed Jun 3 10:55:16 CEST 2015

I think I could live without "real": coercions save a lot of the writing.
Moreover, the "real_of_foo" abbreviations help to avoid type annotations:
I suppose that all of the current occurrences of "real" could be replaced with one particular "real_of_foo".

For reading (subgoals etc), one could perhaps think about less obstructive abbreviations like e.g., "real_N" and "real_Z", or "real⇩N" and "real⇩Z".
But I see that "real_of_foo" is much more uniform and you can immediately read off the type "foo".

Fabian