[isabelle-dev] isabelle test failed

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Jan 19 15:08:05 CET 2015

On Sat, 17 Jan 2015, Account Isatest wrote:

> Test for platform mac-poly-M2 failed. Log file attached.
> [...]
> Unfinished session(s): Codegen, Codegen_Basics
> Finished at Sat Jan 17 04:34:07 CET 2015
> 2:52:32 elapsed time, 5:48:49 cpu time, factor 2.02

I have repaired this already in Isabelle/4a0b34ef0563.

The Codegen setup seems to keep around persistent ISABELLE_TMP files for
its examples, but that directory is meant to be empty in the end.
Violating this assumption leads results in the following warning:

   Running Codegen ...
   rmdir: failed to remove ‘/tmp/isabelle-makarius8953’: Directory not empty

and remaining garbage in the file-system.

What is the idea behind these temporary examples?  Could it be done
somewhere in $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/tmp (which is a singleton place for the
user)?

It is also thinkable to reform the policy of ISABELLE_TMP cleanup, and do
it more aggresively like Isabelle_System.with_tmp_dir with rm_tree.