[isabelle-dev] find_theorems and type class axioms

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Tue Dec 22 09:38:53 CET 2015

Hi Larry,

> I still have no idea why find_theorems should refuse to find a theorem containing two named constants, no matter what the sorts say. Are there examples of searches that would deliver crazy results if this constraint were lifted?

I think the misunderstanding is that »find_theorems foo« searches for
theorems containing a constant named »foo«.  This is not the case – it
searches for theorems containing a subterm matching »foo«.  I guess it
would be possible to implement searching for constants as a separate
criterion;  this could also ignore sort constraints in the first place.

Cheers,
	Florian