[isabelle-dev] Towards the Isabelle2016 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Dec 14 15:52:51 CET 2015

This is the proper season to start thinking about the coming release.  We
still have a few weeks ahead to consolidate in the usual way. I guess
there will be a public Isabelle2016-RC0 just before Christmas or before
New Year, to give people a chance to test it during the holidays.

In the second half of Jan-2016, we will probably enter the final release
countdown.  I would like to synchronize with the next major Java release
date by Oracle (approx. 20-Jan-2016): my impression is that Java 8 needs a
bit more consilidation, even after one year of public availability.

My own TODO list is still full of many small things.  I will open separate
threads about some of them soon.

Are there other important things in the pipeline that need consideration?