[isabelle-dev] Let and tuple case expressions

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Thu Aug 27 12:11:56 CEST 2015

Hi Dmitriy,

thanks for your answer.

Let me rephrase the matter as I perceive it:

Syntactic requirement: Print and parse singleton case clauses as let
bindings.
I agree that this can (and should) be done in a separate phase.  Still
not sure whether check/uncheck is the right layer to accomplish this,
but this can still be elaborated.

But I see also that your suggestion would not need any special treatment
for simple let bindings (let x = y in t).

>> This, however, does not work with (a), since today "case x of y ⇒ f y"
>> is translated to "f x". But the question is anyway whether this is not
>> what you want.

Well, in my original approach this would have been a necessity.

I'll try the check/uncheck approach.

Thanks a lot,
	Florian

--