[isabelle-dev] distributed installation + sledgehammer file write permissions

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Sep 24 20:42:07 CEST 2014

On Wed, 24 Sep 2014, Leo Freitas wrote:

> I use Isabelle for teaching and it was installed by an adjustment to the
> web-distribution for our Linux machines. Now, I will need to use a lab
> running on Window, s and that created a few issues I couldn’t help our
> support team much.

I am presently not well-connected and falling a bit behind mailing list
traffic.  In any case your question is off-topic for isabelle-dev.  If you
post it again on isabelle-users, more people have a chance to answer
and/or benefit from the discussion.

Some months ago someone from the vicinity of Newcastle was asking a
similar question about Windows installation with network drives for the
program and a different share for the user home directory.  In the end it
somehow worked, but I don't know how.  He was not willing to spend 20min
more to tell me about the solution, such that next time it could work for
without further ado.