[isabelle-dev] Proposal for localized interpretations

Andreas Lochbihler andreas.lochbihler at inf.ethz.ch
Thu Sep 18 12:24:36 CEST 2014

Dear developers,

Jasmin mentioned to me that his new implementation allows to select which plugins should
be applied. Currently, the code generator has its own manager of plugins
(Code.datatype_interpretation) and I would be very happy if certain plugins could be
disabled selectively upon code_datatype commands. For example, in AFP/Coinductive, I would
like code_datatype to not change the code equations for the partial_term_of
instantiations, because it does not (and cannot in general) adapt the equations for
narrowing, but the two should be in sync. At present (AFP/222773085523), I have to undo
the effect of the partial_term_of plugin in Lazy_LList.thy and Lazy_TLList.thy by writing
ugly code equations. It would be much easier to disable the plugin locally for this
declaration.

I would expect that if Jasmin's plugin manager is also used in the code generator, it
would be easy to implement plugin selection for code_datatype, too.

Best,
Andreas