[isabelle-dev] NEWS: bibtex support in Isabelle/jEdit

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Oct 6 20:28:14 CEST 2014

*** Prover IDE -- Isabelle/Scala/jEdit ***

* Support for BibTeX files: context menu, context-sensitive token
marker, SideKick parser.

* Document antiquotation @{cite} provides formal markup, which is
interpreted semi-formally based on .bib files that happen to be opened
in the editor (hyperlinks, completion etc.).

This refers to 877c5ecee253.  One week ago, I thought it would be nice to
have a little more support for .bib files, and then ended up spending much
more time than planned, but the results are also more interesting.

Apart from a token marker and Sidekick tree view that understands bibtex
syntax better than the bibtex modes in Emacs and jEdit, there is also some
markup via the @{cite} antiquotation.  E.g. see 66fed99e874f and further
changes to "prefer @{cite} antiquotation".

Actual bibtex syntax is quite different than most people/tools think.  If
I have introduced new mistakes beyond the old Emacs mode, I would like to
see sample .bib files.  The easychair.bib file has already served well to
drive various bibtex modes to their limits.