[isabelle-dev] Algebra and number theory in Isabelle/HOL

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon Nov 10 17:36:46 CET 2014

Your agenda looks impressive but very ambitious.

I noticed a remark about the treatment of signs in integer division. You mention two constraints but overlook a third: standard textbooks say that the remainder should have the same sign as the divisor, so that for example -1 mod 2 = 1 and therefore -1 div 2 = -1. Computer hardware get this wrong.

Larry