[isabelle-dev] Notes on datatype_new list

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Mon May 26 12:34:56 CEST 2014

What new users see when they look at the actual definition of lists is not that important. There are many, many situations where the actual definition of something is much more complicated than the idealised version that one would use for teaching. What is necessary is that simple-looking definitions of the old style still continue to work. In most cases, the simple form is all that will be necessary. I have almost never found destructors or discriminators to be useful.

--lcp