[isabelle-dev] Notes on datatype_new list

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Mon May 26 10:30:43 CEST 2014

I can only agree with what Makarius has observed but would go one step further:
the new definition of list is truly baroque and unsuitable for beginners, but
beginners are bound to look at it. Sometimes languages have to reduce complexity
to cater for novices. The three types bool, nat and list should be defined in
the plain standard manner.

Tobias