[isabelle-dev] AFP

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri May 16 10:57:17 CEST 2014

On Thu, 15 May 2014, Andrei Popescu wrote:

> Proof General is a silent proof partner who gives me a lot of space. By
> contrast, Isabelle/jEdit seems like a corridor full of smart people who
> keep offering to help me. I prefer to do proofs with my office door
> closed.

Here we are back to the (wrong) assumption that Proof General could
continue forever, without doing anything.

In the past 3 years of Proof General being "legacy" I have invested
substantial work just to keep the status quo more or less.  Over more than
5 years there were calls to arms, to hold the territory of the general,
but no volunteers ever showed up at proofgeneral-devel at inf.ed.ac.uk.

Without anybody doing anything, the only option to remaining users of
Proof General is to stick to the last Isabelle version that supported
it, i.e. when the list of remaining uses of it has become empty.