[isabelle-dev] Remaining uses of Proof General?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon May 12 21:15:30 CEST 2014

The list of remaining uses of Proof General is shrinking dramatically
every day.  We can continue this a bit more during May, all referring to
ongoing repository development.

During the month of June, I will be mostly on vacation.  After that the
convergence towards the release needs to start.  There will be probably
Isabelle2014-RC0 for the VSL/ITP event at Vienna in mid July, i.e. a
release candidate *before* the usual fork to the release repository.

Starting with the RC versions for the release, I will pose the same
question about remaining uses of Proof General on isabelle-users, so that
everybody can participate.

I have just inspected some old sources by someone else with Isabelle/jEdit
from Isabelle2012, which was really good and solid back then, but looks
now old and crappy.  It shows that Isabelle/jEdit has already a long
history on its own, and it is hardly "new", but an established thing.