[isabelle-dev] Towards the Isabelle2014 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri May 30 13:30:13 CEST 2014

The summer is getting close, and we need to start thinking about the
coming release.

I am myself on vacation during most of June. On return I would like to
wrap up rather quickly, so that we can publish Isabelle2014-RC0 in the
second week of July, for the Isabelle tutorial at VSL2014 Vienna.  That
will be still within the main Isabelle repository.

The usual fork to the release repository and the regular sequence of
Isabelle2014-RC1, RC2, RC3, ... will happen in the week after ITP 2014.

I am myself attending the mega event at Vienna 13..19-Jul-2014. This will
be also an opportunity to show me personally remaining snags, and to
continue the elimination of remaining uses of Proof General.  (It is
getting harder and harder to construct counter-examples to the claim that
this set is already empty.)