[isabelle-dev] Making Scala Graph_View happy [was: jdk-8u5]

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu May 22 14:21:02 CEST 2014

On Sun, 27 Apr 2014, Florian Haftmann wrote:

> For anyone who wants to start serious work here: this is the current
> state of matters with the existing Scala Graph_View sources:
>
>> $ LC_ALL=C src/Tools/Graphview/lib/Tools/graphview -b
>> src/Tools/Graphview/lib/Tools/graphview: line 93: isabelle_admin_build:
>> command not found
>
> (this refers to 70371621fdb6)

I have simplified the build process of isabelle.graphview here:

changeset:   57032:cf570f3ecdc1
user:        wenzelm
date:        Wed May 21 12:03:46 2014 +0200
files:       src/Pure/General/graph_display.ML src/Pure/build-jars
src/Tools/Graphview/etc/settings src/Tools/Graphview/lib/Tools/graphview
src/Tools/jEdit/lib/Tools/jedit
incorporate isabelle.graphview into Pure.jar, which saves 20..30s build time;
discontinued pointless "isabelle graphview" command-line tool (Proof General legacy);

What is also notable here that is the removal of Proof General legacy:
when the Graphview ever gets into shape to replace the old browser, this
historic interface will no longer participate.  (Almost 2 years ago we
wasted considerable time to include that legacy feature, so that Lukas
Bulwahn and Markus Kaiser can avoid the wrath of remaining users of Proof
General.  It would have been better to spend that energy to get the graph
layout right.)