[isabelle-dev] Annotations in Theories panel not visible

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Mar 31 22:43:57 CEST 2014

On Tue, 18 Mar 2014, Lars Noschinski wrote:

> I just noticed (in f0d2609c4cdc) that not all warnings and errors are
> visible in the Theories panel. If I run
>
>   isabelle jedit -l Pure src/Pure/Main.thy
>
> and watch the Theories panel, I see that there are some warning e.g. in
> Orderings. However, as soon as Orderings is finished, the annotations
> for Orderings disappear (in the Theories panel). This happens with some,
> but not all theories (e.g., Code_Generator or Ctr_Sugar keep their
> annotations). This happens not only for warnings, but also for errors.

Thanks for keeping an eye on such important details. Did you see this
again in the meantime?  I could not reproduce it in the version
f0d2609c4cdc nor in 97d6a786e0f9 from today.

Theory Orderings has very few warnings compared to Code_Generator or
Ctr_Sugar, so there could be a problem with the GUI geometry calculations.
These are just small rectangles painted in a certain spot -- when the
theory is finished the odd messages move to the right and might just get
out of view.

I've tried on Linux with Swing L&F Nimbus, GTK+, Metal, and it all works
for me.

Do you have any special GUI or font properties?  If the problem still
persists can you make a screenshot?