[isabelle-dev] unit :: complete_boolean_algebra – 697e0fad9337

Andreas Lochbihler andreas.lochbihler at inf.ethz.ch
Wed Jun 11 09:22:22 CEST 2014

Hi Florian,

the simproc unit_eq in

http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/697e0fad9337/src/HOL/Product_Type.thy#l78

rewrites anything of type unit to (), so there's no need to declare the definitions
introduced in 697e0fad9337 as [simp]. One could declare sup_unit_def, inf_unit_def,
Sup_unit_def, and Inf_unit_def as [abs_def, simp] such that they get unfolded even if they
are applied only partially, but I don't know whether that is a good thing to have.
(Admittedly, the definition of uminus has this [simp] declaration, so it's a bit
unconsistent at the moment).

Andreas