[isabelle-dev] Towards the Isabelle2014 release

Thomas Sewell thomas.sewell at nicta.com.au
Thu Jun 5 05:44:46 CEST 2014

Indeed, there is a backward compatibility mode declaration. In fixing
things, I've been trying to use it as little as possible and as locally
as possible. Perhaps I should be bolder.

I'm aesthetically against using the compatibility mode all over the
place, since I feel that it's just mysterious. Of course, a lot of
Isabelle proof scripts are a bit mysterious already.

In particular, I want to avoid ever changing the setting globally. I've
had some bad experiences in the past with theories with differing global
configurations, which means that the location of a tactic and the
include graphs of theories start having subtle effects on the way the
tactics run. It's a mess.

I've started running through the AFP, and it doesn't look too bad. I'll
report on this again in the next few days.

Cheers all,
     Thomas.