[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Updated and extended manuals

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Jun 28 17:12:34 CEST 2014

* Updated and extended manuals: "codegen", "datatypes", "implementation",
   "jedit", "system".

This refers to Isabelle/96f970d1522b.

The list of updated manuals is based on a quick glance over the repository
changes, and may be incomplete.  Maybe the maintainers of manuals want to
check if it makes sense.

I've spent myself very pleasant weeks in the Perigord Noir, to do maybe
2000km of cycling and 40 pages of manual updates.  The Isabelle/jEdit
manual is now quite substantial.  I've enjoyed editing it with
Isabelle/jEdit itself (on a very old 2-core Mac Book Pro), using the
Console/Scala shell to run the Build_Doc.build_doc jobs.  Apple
full-screen mode now also works nicely, if the icon in the window corner
is used, not the jEdit menu entry.