[isabelle-dev] NEWS: activation of Z3 via "z3_non_commercial" system option

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Jan 13 21:18:50 CET 2014

* Activation of Z3 now works via "z3_non_commercial" system option
(without requiring restart), instead of former settings variable
"Z3_NON_COMMERCIAL".  The option can be edited in Isabelle/jEdit menu
Plugin Options / Isabelle / General.

This refers to Isabelle/0c07990363a3.  For completeness, the included diff
shows the update on the Isabelle component z3-3.2-1, which is relevant for
Jasmin when he changes z3 again in the future.

The change of z3_non_commercial was already planned for Isabelle2013-2,
but did not make it into the release, because I could not make up my mind
how much hand-holding the user should get.  Right now it is the minimal
possible approach to it, without any hand-holding apart from some prose
text.

I have taken the opportunity to experiment with Pretty.para here:
traditionally we have short one-line output that is statically broken, but
here the long text might look better with dynamic word-wrapping.  The
disadvantage is that such output is harder to search formally in log files
etc.