[isabelle-dev] NEWS: interactive simplifier trace

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Fri Feb 28 13:36:51 CET 2014

Dear Lars,

today I first tried using the new simplifier tracing facility (within
Isabelle/jEdit). I just started but have already some questions ;)

In the Simplifier Trace panel itself I did not find out how to get any
output. Only after pressing the "Show Trace" button a new window opens
that contains the output.

Also in the output, as opposed to [[simp_trace]] I do not see output for
recursive calls in conditional rewriting (for the single example I
tried). Is there an option to get this?

And two general questions (sorry if this is already documented). What is
the meaning of "Auto update" and "Auto reply" in this panel?

cheers

chris