[isabelle-dev] How to use the Isabelle *release's* jEdit with the *repository* code?

Josh Tilles merelyapseudonym at gmail.com
Tue Feb 4 01:05:12 CET 2014

Essentially, how do you configure Isabelle/jEdit when you want to make
changes to the "core" logics? (e.g., HOL, or even Pure)

I'll be very grateful any help,
--Josh Tilles

IF YOU NEED MORE DETAILS:
I'm using Isabelle2013-2 on Mac OS X.
If I naively open Isabelle2013-2.app, I'm unable to work with files from
the repository because jEdit tells me that I already have theories loaded
with that name.
However, if I run `bin/isabelle jedit` in the repository, then jEdit looks
very different when it opens and seems poorly configured.
So if I attempt to run
`Isabelle2013-2.app/Contents/Resources/Isabelle2013-2/bin/isabelle jedit -l
Pure` and then open the repository's src/HOL/Finite_Set.thy, jEdit can't
find Finite_Set's dependencies!