[isabelle-dev] Towards the Isabelle2014 release

Gerwin Klein gerwin.klein at nicta.com.au
Mon Aug 11 14:22:28 CEST 2014

On 10.08.2014, at 11:13 pm, Makarius <makarius at sketis.net> wrote:

> Note that isatest and AFP are still hooked on Isabelle2014-RC, until Gerwin points out the schedule for the correlated AFP release fork.

We’ll do the inverse of the usual process: we’ll fork afp very soon.

Since the Isabelle2014-RC's are looking very stable on the prover side, I will fork afp-2014 in the (European) night from Wed to Thu this week.

After that, commits to afp will not show up in the 2014 release any more, unless there are good reasons emailed to me why they should.

The reason for this radical departure from doing most of the AFP release after the Isabelle release is that by end of August I will be somewhere in the Australian outback with very occasional phone reception only, and even less internet. That means, I’ll prepare everything this week and then hopefully only need to push a low-bandwidth button.

In case that fails completely, I should hit bigger towns again for a few days in mid September and can fix things up then.

Cheers,
Gerwin